You only need 4 ingredient for fat bombs that are ridiculously EASY to make and taste delicious. These ketogenic almond butter fat bombs are made with only almond butter, coconut oil, erythritol and vanilla! Great for low carb and paleo diets.
When I first started learning about the Ketogenic diet, there were no “fat bombs” or anything really delicious like these Almond Butter Fat Bombs on the “approved” food list. It was eggs, bacon, steak, chicken, peanut butter and few vegetables. My version of a fat bomb (awful name) was a spoonful of frozen peanut butter. I admit, that was a long time ago.
Fast forward to today, where there has been an entire Keto and low carb food explosion. Part of that is amazingly tasty fat bombs, like this almond butter recipe, made with coconut oil.
These are super easy to make. I just mixed all of the ingredients, filled mini paper cups and chilled them in the fridge.
INGREDIENTS FOR ALMOND BUTTER FAT BOMBS
This is one of my favorite fat bomb recipes that I had to share with you, Almond Butter Fat Bombs.
Here is all you’ll need to make them –
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Butter
- Powdered Erythritol or favorite sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
- Roasted Almonds (dry roasted, salted as optional garnish)
Just 4 ingredients, plus the optional almonds for the top. I recommend using salted almonds, but if yours are unsalted, try adding a pinch of sea salt for more flavor.
The almond butter is a key ingredient of this recipe, but you could substitute natural peanut butter if that’s what you have. They will be a little softer if you use all-natural peanut butter, but will still have a great taste to them.
Powdered Erythritol adds natural bulk and sweetness to the recipe without adding carbs, so it’s my preferred choice. Another option I recommend is Powdered Monkfruit. Do not use a granulated sweetener because it will add a grainy texture to your fat bombs. (Trust me, I tried it.)
BENEFITS OF EATING FAT BOMBS
Fat Bombs serve only one real purpose and that is to help anyone of a keto diet to increase their daily fat intake.
- Eating fat enhances your ability to burn fat by helping maintain hormone levels needed to burn fat by the body.
- Increases your metabolic rate by giving your body energy it needs to maintain metabolism.
- Helps to control the appetite to avoid overeating.
- Fatty acids help the body to create muscle mass, which is important as you age.
A successful Ketogenic diet requires a certain percentage of calories each day come from fat. That percentage can vary a lot, depending on your age, activity, height, weight and age. You might want to check out the Keto Calculator from Ruled.me. to see what your daily fat intake should be.
ALMOND BUTTER FAT BOMBS
Almond Butter Fat Bombs
- Using a hand mixer at low speed, beat coconut oil, almond butter, erythritol and vanilla together until smooth. Add additional sweetener if needed to taste.
- Using a spoon or pastry bag, transfer mixture to mini paper cups. Top each with an almond.
- Refrigerate until firm. Keep refrigerated until right before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
MORE LOW CARB KETO RECIPES
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.