Crispy Keto Low Carb Breaded Cauliflower with pork rinds are freshy florets, coated with crispy pork rind crumbs and baked to low carb keto perfection! Spicy, delicious and healthy too!
Football season’s in full swing and the holidays are coming, so easy appetizer recipes, like this oven-baked keto low carb breaded cauliflower recipe, are must haves. Serve it with an amazing dipping sauce, like our Keto Sweet and Zesty Sauce (recipe below) and you’ll have a crowd pleasing perfect appetizer! You’ll definitely want to add this one to your recipe card box!
What’s special about this cauliflower recipe? It’s definitely the savory spices and oh yes, a deliciously crispy coating of pork rind crumbs! Tender on the inside with amazing crunch on the outside…you’ll be in hog heaven!
Have you noticed that cauliflower is literally EVERYWHERE? Cauliflower has gone totally mainstream…. in pizza crusts, as rice dishes, thickener for soup and even gnocchi. Being a super versatile vegetable, that’s the secret of the humble cauliflower’s staying power.
With only 3 net carbs per cup, cauliflower is perfect for your low carb or keto diet. Other keto vegetables we LOVE and are perfect for this easy recipe are broccoli, brussels sprouts, green beans and asparagus! The best part is that this cauliflower recipe is amazing as both a healthy appetizer or perfect side dish.
For tasty and healthy low carb dishes, cauliflower is one of our favorite ingredients. It’s simply amazing when it’s roasted, mashed. riced or pureed for soup. We love it for easy Keto dishes like chili cheese cauliflower, quick and easy cauliflower fried rice, low carb cauliflower mashed potatoes, and roasted cauliflower soup.
For perfect, crunchy coated veggies, you’ll want a wire rack to bake on. This wire rack has a wide grid, so there’s plenty of airflow between the rack and the baking sheet. Slide a pre-cut parchment sheet underneath for super easy cleanup by just throwing away the parchment paper!
Ingredients for Pork Rind Breaded Cauliflower
It’s so easy to make this must-have crispy breaded cauliflower appetizer! With only 3 simple ingredients plus spices, you may already have what you need in the pantry!
- Cauliflower Florets – for the best results, use a large head (2.5 to 3 pounds) of fresh cauliflower and cut off the florets.
- Pork Rind Breadcrumbs – put a bag of pork rings (go wild and use the hot and spicy variety!) thru the food processor or have the work done for you with ready-made pork rind crumbs. They’re a new fav around our house!
- Eggs – we used 2 whole beaten eggs.
- Spices – paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper.
How To Make Crispy Keto Low Carb Breaded Cauliflower
You’ll be amazed at how simple and easy this oven roasted cauliflower recipe is to make! Here’s how we do it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and set a wire rack inside. Lightly spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray or brush with vegetable or olive oil.
- Cut the florets off the cauliflower head, or for convenience, buy a bag of fresh cut cauliflower florets. We find little difference in price at the grocery store.
- Into a shallow small bowl (we use a salad bowl) crack the eggs then add paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In another shallow bowl, pour in the pork rind crumbs.
- Working a few florets at a time, dip the cauliflower pieces into the egg mixture, then roll in the crushed pork rind crumbs. Transfer, placing in a single layer to the prepared wire rack.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes until tender and golden brown. Serve HOT with Sweet and Zesty Sauce, ranch dressing or even blue cheese dressing! Enjoy!
💡 Up the flavor ante of these baked cauliflower bites with a dusting of parmesan cheese, Cajun seasoning or lemon pepper seasoning. Sprinkle with green onions before serving!
How to Store Keto Breaded Cauliflower
Bake breaded cauliflower. Let cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
How To Make Keto Sweet and Zesty Sauce
If you’re looking for a super fast and easy dipping sauce that is amazing on EVERYTHING, then this is for you! Only 3 ingredients and a pinch of salt makes this swoon worthy dipping sauce.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce – add more to taste
- 2 tablespoons Honey Substitute or other low carb sweetener to taste
- pinch of salt to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Start dipping!
💡👉Our choice brand of Honey Substitute has only 1 net gram of carbs per tablespoon. This is how we got there – 11 total grams carbs less the 10 grams of sugar alcohols = 1 gram net carbs.
More Keto Appetizers
Keto Pork Rind Breaded Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fit with a wire rack. Lightly oil or spray rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place the pork rind crumbs.
- Dip each floret into egg mixture, turning to coat. Then roll in pork rind crumbs, coating all side. Place on prepared wire rack.
- Bake on center rack of preheated oven 20 – 25 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
EQUIPMENT WE USED!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.