Keto Breaded Cauliflower with pork rinds are crispy florets, coated with pork rind breadcrumbs and baked to low carb perfection! Spicy, delicious and healthy too!
Football season’s in full swing and the holidays are coming, so an easy appetizer recipes, like this breaded cauliflower recipe are a must have. What’s special about this cauliflower recipe? It’s the savory spices and yes, a tasty coating of pork rind crumbs! Tender on the inside and deliciously crunchy on the outside…you’ll be in hog heaven!
Have you noticed that cauliflower is literally EVERYWHERE? Cauliflower has gone totally mainstream…. in pizza crusts, as rice dishes, thickener for soup and even gnocchi. Super versatility, that’s the secret of the humble cauliflower’s staying power.
For tasty and healthy low carb dishes, cauliflower is one of our favorite ingredients. It’s simply amazing when it’s roasted, mashed. riced or pureed for soup. We love it for easy Keto dishes like chili cheese cauliflower, quick and easy cauliflower fried rice, low carb cauliflower mashed potatoes, and roasted cauliflower soup.
For perfect, crunchy coated veggies, you’ll want a wire rack to roast on. This wire rack has a wide grid, so there’s plenty of airflow underneath. Slide a pre-cut parchment sheet underneath for super easy cleanup.
Ingredients for Pork Rind Breaded Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Florets – for the best results, use a large head (2.5 to 3 pounds) of fresh cauliflower and cut off the florets.
- Pork Rind Breadcrumbs – put a bag of pork rings thru the food processor or have the work done for you with ready-made pork rind crumbs. They’re a new fav around our house!
- Eggs – we used 2 whole beaten eggs.
- Spices – paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper
How To Make Sweet and Zesty Sauce
If you’re looking for a super fast and easy dipping sauce that is amazing on EVERYTHING, then this is for you! Only 3 ingredients and a pinch of salt makes this swoon worthy dipping sauce.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce – add more to taste
- 2 tablespoons Honey Substitute or other low carb sweetener to taste
- pinch of salt to taste
Whisk together ingredients in a small bowl. Start dipping!
💡👉Our choice brand of Honey Substitute has only 1 net gram of carbs per tablespoon. This is how we got there – – -> 11 grams carbs less the 10 grams of sugar alcohols = 1 gram net carbs.
More Keto Appetizers
Keto Pork Rind Breaded Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fit with a wire rack. Lightly oil or spray rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place the pork rind crumbs.
- Dip each floret into egg mixture, turning to coat. Then roll in pork rind crumbs, coating all side. Place on prepared wire rack.
- Bake on center rack of preheated oven 20 – 25 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
EQUIPMENT WE USED!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.