So irresistible, these Easy Low Carb Candied Pecans are made with only a handful of ingredients and deliver amazing taste. Great for snacking or gift-giving!
Easy Low Carb Candied Pecans
If you love pecans, you’re going to want to make these Easy Low Carb Candied Pecans. Crunchy and sweet, they taste like nutty candy that you won’t be able to stop snacking on. Great on their own, with your cheese tray or chopped into a a crunchy topping for ice cream or low carb pumpkin cheesecake, they are amazing.
My sons, who don’t follow Keto, were skeptical when I first made these. No sugar?…what? Then the nuts came hot out of the oven with their spicy, nutty aroma filling the kitchen. Handfuls were grabbed and munched before they even cooled. My home taste testers gave these a resounding thumbs up so I must have done something right. Enjoy!
Ingredients to Make Easy Low Carb Candied Pecans
This recipe calls for only 6 simple ingredients. Common ingredients like salt and water generally are not listed.
- Pecans – I used raw pecan halves for this recipe.
- Erythritol – granulated erythritol or erythritol blend that measures like regularsugar will have the best result. I don’t recommend using liquid sweeteners.
- Egg White
Are Pecans Good on a Low Carb Diet?
Pecans are low in carbs, have lots of flavor and offer nutritional benefits that you’ll need to stay healthy on a low carb or keto diet. With only about 1 gram of net carbohydrates per ounce, pecans add delicious taste and crunch to keto recipes, along with healthy fat, protein, fiber and minerals. A 1-ounce serving has about 20 grams of fat, 2.6 grams of protein, 2.7 grams of fiber and zero sodium.
Other Flavor Favorites
Recipes like this are so fun because they’re adaptive. While this recipe is especially delicious with pecans, walnuts and almonds are amazing when substituted in. How about adding your favorite spice to the mix, or giving the nuts a kick of heat with a pinch of cayenne!
Easy Low Carb Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 250°F (121°C). Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- In medium bowl, whisk egg white with water until frothy. Add pecan halves and toss until coated.
- In a small bowl, mix erythritol, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom and salt. Sprinkle over pecans and stir until nuts are well coated. Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool nuts on baking sheet. Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!
NEED LOW CARB PANTRY ESSENTIALS?
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO BUY YOUR LOW CARB BASICS. VISIT MY AMAZON SHOP FOR MORE MUST-HAVES!