Best Easy Low Carb Tart Crust is a simple to make crust perfect for your favorite tart and pie filling. Both KETO and gluten-free with no rolling pin needed!
One of the hardest things I find about following a low carb and gluten free diet is giving up my favorite sweets. Well, no more! With this delicious recipe, pies and tarts are back on the menu. This crust is super easy to make and to me it tastes even better than a traditional flour crust.
Using coconut and almond flour, the crust has an amazing sweet and nutty flavor. And don’t get me started on how heavenly the coconut flour makes this crust smell. For an amazing dessert, use this crust recipe to make a Low Carb Lemon Tart using my Easy Low Carb Lemon Curd!
Making the crust could not be easier. All of the ingredients go into the food processor…then pulse until it forms a dough. You may notice that the butter does not cut up as easily as it does when making a regular flour crust. The nut flours hold more moisture than regular flour so the dough will come together before the butter is processed into tiny pieces thru the blades.
After the dough is formed, take it out of the processor. Work it with your hands and fingers until the butter is incorporated into the dough. I just squish the butter between my fingers and gently knead the dough in my hands. Then form the dough into a disk, set it in the center of the tart pan and use your fingers to press the dough around the bottom and up the sides.
You don’t have to use a tart pan. A cake pan will work if you line it with parchment paper so the shell cannot stick to the bottom.
Tips For Making the Best Low Carb Tart Crust:
- Use unsalted butter for the best delicate flavor.
- It is best to use a combination of both almond and coconut flour, for both flavor and texture. Coconut flour absorbs more moisture than almond flour, so using only coconut flour may require additional eggs be added to the recipe.
- For a sweeter crust, add more erythritol before pulsing the ingredients in the food processor.
- For easier spreading of the dough, use your fingers to gently and evenly press the dough out from the center of the pan. After the entire pan bottom is covered, then start pressing up the sides.
Easy Low Carb Tart Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until dough comes together.
- Using fingers or spoon, press into the bottom and up sides of greased tart pan.
- Bake crust in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until top and edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove tart from pan and fill as desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!