Hibachi restaurant style Low Carb Yum Yum Sauce that’s totally like the original! Made sugar-free, low carb, and insanely delicious!
Low Carb Yum Yum Sauce
After I started a low carb lifestyle, my favorite restaurant became a local Japanese Steakhouse. I became obsessed with making my own version of the Yum Yum Sauce they serve because the restaurant’s contains sugar. This creamy, low carb recipe comes super close to the original.
The sauce is completely amazing on so many foods! Try this recipe as a super tasty alternative to your regular veggie or chip dip recipe. It’s so easy to make at home you can have this amazing sauce on everything you want, like grilled shrimp, chicken and roasted veggies. We love it as a dip for Keto Marinated Steak Bites and Keto Fried Chicken Wings.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS SAUCE
- Mayonnaise – the best brand in the South!
- Tomato Paste – you can’t taste the tomato, but you’d miss it if it’s not there.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Erythritol – granulated just like sugar!
- Unsalted butter – if you only have slated butter on hand that’s okay, you may not need any additional salt.
IS YUM YUM SAUCE LOW CARB?
Yes, it has only .6 net carbs per serving (1 tablespoon) and 53 calories. Yum Yum Sauce is delicious to use on meats or anything else on your low-carb diet! If you replace the sugar with no-calorie sweetener, the net carbs are virtually zero!
CAN LOW CARB YUM YUM SAUCE BE MADE AHEAD?
Absolutely! It actually tastes better made ahead because the seasonings have time to blend. The sauce can be used right away, but for best results, allow at least 2 hours chilling time before serving. When stored tightly covered in the refrigerator, the sauce will keep for up to a week.
CAN I FREEZE YUM YUM SAUCE?
Unfortunately, I don’t recommend it. This mayonnaise based sauce will freeze, but when thawed it may separate, leave liquid at the top and change the texture.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
PRO TIPS FOR TROUBLESHOOTING:
- Sauce is too thin – add additional mayonnaise to thicken, a teaspoon at a time. You may need to adjust the seasonings as well.
- Sauce is too thick – add a teaspoon of water, stirring each time, until it’s the consistency you want.
- Too salty (if you added salt or used salted butter) – add more mayonnaise, a teaspoon at a time. If sauce is already thick, add teaspoons of water. Taste after each addition for flavor. You may need to adjust seasonings.
- Too sweet – add more mayonnaise a teaspoon at a time. Taste after stirring.
Low Carb Yum Yum Sauce
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, tomato paste, spices and melted butter. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk the water into the mayonnaise mixture. Continue whisking until smooth.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
NEED LOW CARB PANTRY ESSENTIALS?
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO BUY YOUR LOW CARB BASICS. VISIT MY AMAZON SHOP FOR MORE MUST-HAVES!