Our Keto Chili Cheese Cauliflower is bright, zesty and takes just minutes of prep with roasted cauliflower florets tossed in chili spice and topped with lots of gooey melted cheese! This is a MUST MAKE!
For versatility in recipes nothing beats the humble cauliflower. We love it for easy Keto dishes like quick and easy cauliflower fried rice, low carb cauliflower mashed potatoes, and roasted cauliflower soup.
Are you always looking for tasty new ways to use up leftover vegetables in the refrigerator? I know I am. This is an easy, fool-proof way to do just that. It requires almost no prep and the result is totally delicious.
Roasting is my cooking method of choice when it comes to veggies…the flavors get concentrated and who doesn’t love crispy roasted veggies? So much flavor with so little effort.
How To Make Keto Chili Cheese Cauliflower
This is such a totally simple recipe, you’ll want to keep it in your back pocket for a last minute side dish. It’s amazing served with grilled or roasted meat or how about scooping some of this zesty, cheesy cauliflower into a bowl, adding a fried egg on top and calling it dinner!
- Preheat your oven to roast at 425 degrees F. Get out a large sheet pan and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat. Sprinkle the cauliflower with chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 25 – 30 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, stir the cauliflower or flip with a spatula to help it cook evenly.
- Scrape the cauliflower to an oven-safe dish and sprinkle with cheese and jalapeno slices. Place under a broiler set to High for 1 – 2 minutes. Serve hot!
Ingredients to make Keto Roasted Chili Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Florets – we used a large head of fresh cauliflower and cut off the florets, or you can use a bag of frozen.
- Shredded Cheese – our favorite is a Mexican shredded blend, but cheddar and monterey jack are amazing too!
- Olive Oil – vegetable oil can be substituted.
- Chili Powder – an essential ingredient! We love this dark chili powder…it has a slight smoky and earthy flavor that’s perfect for southwest dishes. Use more or less according to your tastes.
- Jalapeno – we love the heat and it adds fresh color…sub parsley or cilantro to change it up.
This simple recipe is seriously amazing when made with broccoli florets, zucchini chunks or eggplant, really …the possibilities are endless!
More Easy Low Carb Side Dishes
Keto Chili Cheese Cauliflower
- 6 cups cauliflower florets, 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, or cheddar
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil large rimmed sheet pan.
- Spread your cauliflower on sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss the cauliflower to coat. Sprinkle over the chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Roast cauliflower on middle oven rack until browned and edges are crisping, about 25 -30 minutes. At 20 minutes, give the cauliflower a stir to help them brown evenly. Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Transfer the cauliflower to an oven-safe serving dish or pan. Sprinkle on the cheese and sliced jalapeno. Place under the broiler for a 1 – 2 minutes to melt the cheese and toast the jalapenos. Serve hot.
- ALTERNATE METHOD: Scrape the roasted cauliflower into the center of the sheet pan. Top with cheese and jalapeno slices and place under the broiler for 1 -2 minutes to melt the cheese and toast the jalapenos. Serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.