Prepped ahead for an easy low carb grab and go snack or meal. Filled with protein, fat and veggies to keep you on track for weight loss!
HOMEMADE KETO SNACK BOX
If you’ve ever struggled with figuring out what to eat on your low carb diet everyday, this Homemade Keto Snack Box recipe is a huge assist. I don’t really like to call it a recipe, because you can put anything you want in the snack box, but to make it simple I listed a recipe and the nutrition info so you’d get the idea.
When I started meal planning for this eating lifestyle, I’d write down what to have for breakfast and dinner and just wing it for lunch and snacks. I figured leftovers or grabbing some cheese and nuts would do. That didn’t work out so well as I found myself scarfing whatever was lying around…NOT a good plan. Then I found these cute little boxes. They only hold a cup of food, so they’re great for a snack or light lunch. Now I can pack up a weeks worth of goodies to hold me until dinner. My fav way to enjoy them is with Corn and Cactus Crisps.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THESE KETO SNACK BOXES
- Large Eggs – boiled eggs add protein and fat …sprinkled with smoked paprika and salt for more flavor!
- Hard Salami – This is may fav choice because of the delicious flavor and added spices. Contains a good amount of fat too! To reduce the carbs, you could substitute roast chicken cubes for the salami.
- Colby Cheese – I used colby cheese that was already cut into cubes, but any hard cheese is good!
- Cashews – contains “good” fat that might help prevent heart disease and stroke. To reduce the carbs, you could substitute pecans or brazil nuts, which have only 1 net carb per ounce.
- Cherry Tomatoes – pure nutrition! Vitamins, antioxidants and fiber too! Don’t like tomatoes…try broccoli instead!
MORE LOW CARB FAVORITES TO FILL YOUR HOMEMADE KETO SNACK BOX
- Keto Vegetable Egg Muffins – make a take and go breakfast box!
- Keto Fried Chicken Wings – stuff the box with wings and veggie sticks!
- Low Carb Spinach Dip – one side dip, one side low carb crackers…delicious!
- Low Carb Bacon Broccoli Salad – pack salad and a boiled egg for a complete and healthy lunch!
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
Snack Boxes – great for holding small snacks for on the go! Each of the two compartment holds up to a 1/2 cup of ingredients.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES TO LOVE
Homemade Keto Snack Box
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 18 medium cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounces uncured hard salami
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 8 ounces colby cheese cubes
- Place the eggs in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, continue boiling for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and drain. Add cold water to the pot to stop the eggs from cooking.
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- To each snack boxes, add 2 egg halves ans 3 cherry tomatoes. Divide the salami, cheese and nuts evenly among the snack boxes.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to one week.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
NEED LOW CARB PANTRY ESSENTIALS?
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO BUY YOUR LOW CARB BASICS. VISIT MY AMAZON SHOP FOR MORE MUST-HAVES!
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!