Make these EASY sweet and spicy low carb and Keto Cajun Chicken Wings with only 4 common ingredients! They’re oven-baked crispy, delicious and less than 1 carb per serving.
Keto Cajun Chicken wings are definitely a favorite at our house. There’re grown men living here so whether it’s for game days, holidays or just a casual get-together, chicken wings, are my go-to appetizer. When you bite into these wings, at first they’ll taste a little sweet, then the spicy will grab you. The guys love these sweet and spicy wings, and bonus…they have no idea they’re low carb!
Low carb wings, like Easy Parmesan Ranch Chicken Wings can be just as delicious as the full carb variety. And if you think fried wings are off the table, just taste these Keto Fried Chicken Wings made with protein powder. Yum!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS FOR KETO CAJUN CHICKEN WINGS
- Chicken Wings – you can use fresh or frozen wings. If you’re using fresh wings, cut the wings into sections at the joints with poultry shears. Discard the tips or save to them make homemade chicken stock. Or, buy a package of frozen wings, but let them thaw in the refrigerator before baking. **I know the directions say to cook them frozen, but I’ve never had a problem as long as I keep the wings in the fridge just until they’re thawed. Rinse, drain and pat the wings dry before using.
- Cajun Seasoning – I like to use this brand because it isn’t completely salty. Look at the label of your seasoning…if salt is the first ingredient be sparing with how much you use or the wings will be too salty. Before I started making my own Cajun Seasoning (*recipe below), I added extra garlic powder, onion powder and paprika to store bought Cajun seasoning to cut down the ratio of salt.
- Low Carb Brown Sugar – this is my favorite brand. It tastes the most like real brown sugar and stays soft in the package. It’s made with erythritol so there are zero net carbs.
- Vegetable Oil – it’s neutral so it doesn’t add any flavor to the wings. Feel free to use olive oil if you prefer it.
AT WHAT TEMPERATURE ARE CHICKEN WINGS DONE?
The safe internal temperature for the wings is 165°F or higher. Use an Instant Read Thermometer to take the temperature of several of the wings. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the wing, being careful to avoid touching the bone. If the temperature is below 165 degrees, put the wings back in the oven and keep checking with the thermometer until the temperature is reached.
HOMEMADE CAJUN SEASONING MIX
Makes about 1 cup – recipe can be cut in half or doubled as needed.
To a small bowl add all of the seasoning ingredients. Mix until well combined. Use right away or store in an airtight container in cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- 6 TBSP Paprika
- 3 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 2 TBSP Onion Powder
- 1 TBSP Kosher Salt (can be omitted for salt-free)
- 1 TBSP Ground Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Dried Thyme
- 1 TSP Ground Red Pepper
Keto Cajun Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover large shallow baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place wings into large bowl, drizzle over oil. Toss wings to coat with oil. Place wings in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- In small bowl, mix Cajun seasoning with low carb brown sugar. Sprinkle seasoning over each wings and use fingers to rub over entire wing.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 45 – 50 minutes until wings are crispy and golden and have reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F on instant read thermometer.
- Serve hot with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!