Keto Korean Chicken – boneless thighs, frozen in a marinade of zesty sweet garlic sauce, then grilled to perfection. Keto never tasted so good!
Living a Keto or Low Carb lifestyle requires not only changing the way you eat, but cooking as well. One of the questions I get asked the most about eating keto is how to make cooking keto meals easier. That’s why I started creating recipes like this Keto Korean Chicken Freezer Dump Recipe.
When I first started a Keto lifestyle, I had the same questions. How will I be able to feed my family, make it affordable and not spend all my time cooking. It’s all in the planning.
When it’s on sale, I buy lots of chicken thighs and divide them up in freezer bags. Next I mix up a huge batch of my Korean Chicken sauce and pour it over. I just stick the bags in the freezer and have 4 family size chicken dinners waiting to go. The guys love it and honestly, freezer dump recipes have saved my sanity when it comes to dieting.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE KETO KOREAN CHICKEN FREEZER DUMP RECIPE
- Chicken Thighs – I like to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Tamari or Soy Sauce – both look and taste very similar, but the tamari has less carbs than soy sauce.
- Low Carb Brown Sugar – I use Sukrin Gold but there are other brands on the market.
- Minced Ginger – I keep a bottle of minced ginger in the fridge. So handy! Check ingredients for no added sugars.
- Minced Garlic – same as the ginger, pre-minced garlic makes this recipe easy.
- Sesame Oil
- Gochugaru or Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Chili Garlic Paste – this is optional, for those who love extra heat!
KETO KOREAN CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER
This recipe is great to make in the slow cooker, and no thawing is needed! Directions: Open the container and dump the contents into the bottom of the slow cooker. Cook on Low for 6 hours or until chicken reaches internal temperature of at least 165°F on a meat thermometer. Stir after the chicken thaws to evenly distribute the meat and sauce in the cooker.
SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH KETO KOREAN CHICKEN
- Low Carb Creamy Coleslaw – this cool and creamy 5 minute side goes especially well with the spicy chicken!
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes – a quick and delicious side that will make you forget all about potatoes!
Keto Korean Chicken – Freezer Dump Recipe
For The Freezer:
- Place chicken thighs in a gallon size plastic ziploc freezer bag or container.
- In a small bowl, mix together tamari, low carb brown sugar, ginger,garlic, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken thighs in plastic bag.
- Label and seal bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator before baking.
Baking Korean Chicken Thighs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken thighs in baking pan, pour remaining sauce from bag over the thighs.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes on center rack of oven. Baste chicken with pan drippings halfway thru the baking time. Chicken is done when meat thermometer, inserted at thickest part of thigh, reads at least 165°F.
- Transfer to serving plate and top with sliced green onions.
EQUIPMENT WE USED!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!