An easy keto raspberry cheesecake recipe, topped with raspberry puree. 8 ingredients are all you need to make this low carb dessert.
After sharing the recipe for perfect low carb cheesecake and seeing the positive response, I want to share another with you. This recipe is similar, but the cheesecake turns out fluffy and taller and of course, has a tasty raspberry design on top.
There are three easy steps to making the crust, filling and raspberry layer (see the recipe card with photos below). The result is a tasty, low carb dessert that can hold it’s own against any traditional cheesecake.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE KETO RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Cream Cheese
- Almond Flour
- Powdered Erythritol
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST KETO CHEESECAKE
DON’T OVERBAKE – An over-baked cheesecake will crack. Bake the cheesecake only until the perimeter is firm and the middle 2 – 3 inches are still wobbly. Check the center of the cheesecake with an instant read thermometer. The cheesecake is done at 150°.
COOL SLOWLY – Cool the cheesecake slowly. I take the cheesecake out of the oven and set it on a rack near the stove. After an hour or so, I move the rack to a counter away from the stove and let the cheesecake cool to room temperature. After cooling, cover loosely and refrigerate another 4 – 6 hours until the cheesecake fully solidifies.
GREASE THE PAN – Having a well greased pan not only keeps your cheesecake from sticking when you remove it, it helps keep the cheesecake from cracking on top. Cheesecakes are supposed to shrink from the sides of the pan while baking. If the sides are sticking to the pan, it can’t pull away and the top cracks.
ROOM TEMPERATURE – It’s important to let the eggs and cream cheese come to room temperature before using. Cold eggs can re-harden the fat in the recipe and cause a lumpy batter. Cold cream cheese will not bond together with other ingredients and may give you a chunky batter. Neither of these are the result we want.
If you forgot to set out the eggs or cream cheese to warm beforehand, here is what you can do to speed things up:
- To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, put them in a bowl of warm water while you are gathering the other ingredients and making the crust. Don’t use hot water – you might cook the eggs.
- To soften the cream cheese, take it out of the packaging, cut into small cubes and spread on a plate for 15 – 20 minutes.
MAKE YOUR OWN POWDERED ERYTHRITOL
Making your own powdered erythritol is easier than you might think. There is no need to buy both granulated and powdered erythritol when you can easily make the powdered variety yourself in the quantities you need.
*You can use a food processor but the grinding takes a few minutes so there is the danger of the motor overheating.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Mesh Strainer – these are stainless steel and come in a collection of different sizes at a great price.
Stand Mixer – A powerful mixer to whip up batter, bread and pizza dough is a must-have! This one comes with three beater attachments.
9-inch Springform Pan – Highly recommend one of these. It makes it so easy to get the cheesecake out of the pan.
Keto Raspberry Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST
FOR THE FILLING
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
TO MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment (optional).
- Add almond flour, butter, erythritol and vanilla to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined and the ingredients form pea size crumbs that stick together when squeezed.
- Place the crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Use your fingers to spread the mixture to cover the entire bottom of the pan in an even layer. Transfer pan to the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes until edges start to crisp.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
- Add the cream cheese and powdered erythritol to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until completely combined and smooth. Scrape down bowl as needed. With the mixer on, add the eggs one at a time to the bowl. Beat for 1 minute after each addition until the mixture is light and resembles a thick batter. Add the lemon juice, zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top. Wrap bottom of pan with foil to prevent leaks. (optional) Set aside.
- Rinse out food processor and replace bowl. Place raspberries into bowl with erythritol. Set aside a handful of raspberries to use for garnish later. Pulse until smooth and no raspberry chunks remain.
- Set out a medium bowl. Over the bowl, transfer the raspberry mixture to a large strainer. Using a rubber spatula, push the raspberry puree through the strainer until only the seeds remain. Discard seeds. Use a spoon to add dollops of raspberry puree to the top of the cheesecake batter. Lightly drag a toothpick thru the puree to create a decorative design on top of the cheesecake.
- Place pan on center rack of 325° oven and bake for 60 - 75 minutes, until outer perimeter of cheesecake is firm and only 2 - 3 inches in the center remains slightly jiggly when pan is lightly moved.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and run knife around edge of cheesecake. Leave cake in pan, and cool on rack until room temperature. Lightly wrap cheesecake, still in pan, and chill in refrigerate until cheesecake is firm, about 4 - 6 hours or overnight.
- To remove from pan, gently run a sharp knife again between cheesecake and ring of springform pan. Unlatch pan and lift ring off of cheesecake. Leave cake on pan bottom to serve. Top with reserved berries and any remaining puree.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!