Before jumping to the recipe, check out the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post. I hope you’ll find them useful and will love this low carb and gluten-free recipe!
Full of berry and almond flavor with a crunchy streusel topping, this easy low carb cake has only per 4.5 net carbs per serving. Ready for the oven in less than 10 minutes!
Sometimes you just need cake. With this guilt-free Low Carb Blackberry Almond Cake, you can have your cake and eat it too! Yes – dessert is back on the menu!
I’ve made this easy cake recipe dozens of times and it’s one of my family’s favorite desserts. The best part is you can use any seasonal berry to make it. I’ve made this cake with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries and it’s just as good! So make your after dinner coffee and enjoy!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS FOR LOW CARB BLACKBERRY ALMOND CAKE RECIPE
- Almond Flour – for best results use blanched, finely ground almond flour.
- Coconut Flour – keeps cake softer with a better crumb.
- Baking Powder (Aluminum Free) – best for baking with no metal aftertaste.
- Erythritol – natural sweetener that measures just like sugar. No bitter aftertaste.
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract – adds amazing almond flavor to baked goods, ice cream and more. A little goes a long way.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB BLACKBERRY ALMOND CAKE
This cake is super simple to make. Prepped and ready for the oven in under 5 minutes!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch springform or 8 x 8 baking pan lined with parchment.
- Place all streusel ingredients into food processor and pulse until texture of large crumbs. Set aside. No food processor? No worries – just mash and stir the streusel with a pastry blender, fork or even your fingers!
- Mix all of the cake ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour the batter into your pan and smooth the top. Place berries in a single layer on top of batter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and sprinkle streusel topping over the top, covering entire cake. Return to the oven for 45 more minutes. Cake is done if it feels firm when lightly pressed in center.
- Cool cake before cutting.
- Can be stored on the counter for up to 3 days. Keep cake covered to keep it moist.
CAN I FREEZE LOW CARB CAKE?
The answer is yes. Wrap the cake tightly and put it the wrapped cake into a large, plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as you can and seal the bag. The cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. Serve within 24 hours of thawing.
The cake can also be cut into individual servings and each piece tightly wrapped. Then just prep and freeze like you would a whole cake from the instructions above.
Serve the cake plain, with homemade whipped cream or sugar free whipped topping. Any way you want to eat it, this simple cake recipe is a keeper.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
TOOLS TO MAKE LOW CARB BLACKBERRY ALMOND CAKE
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Springform Pan – easily releases your low carb cake with no sticking!
- Mini Food Processor – you could use a pastry blender or two forks, but this tool makes your almond streusel topping in seconds.
LOW CARB BLACKBERRY ALMOND CAKE
Low Carb Blackberry Almond Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 177°C. Grease 8-inch springform pan or parchment lined 8 x 8 baking dish. Parchment should hang over the sides of dish for easy lifting.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except blackberries until well combined. Set aside.
- Place topping ingredients in the bowl of a mini food processor and process until ingredients are combined and mixture is texture of small crumbs.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan. In an even layer, place blackberries on top of the batter.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 15 minutes. Remove cake and evenly sprinkle streusel topping over entire cake.
- Return cake to the oven and continue baking 45 -50 minutes until topping is golden brown and cake fells firm in the center when lightly pressed.
- Allow cake to cool before removing from pan.
- Serve cake with extra blackberries and whipped cream (optional).
MORE LOW CARB KETO RECIPES
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.