Seriously the BEST Low Carb Spinach Dip recipe – easy to make, totally delicious and less than 2 carbs per serving! Can be made ahead and frozen too!
When thinking of tasty low carb party foods I always think DIP, like this full of flavor Low Carb Spinach Dip Recipe! Because so many tasty dips are made with keto friendly ingredients like mayonnaise, sour cream and cheese, no one ever guesses that they are low carb! If you love dips like we do, try our Easy Keto Creamy Dill Dip and Low Carb Sun-Dried Tomato Dip! Both are incredible and have less than 2 grams of net carbs per serving!
One of the great things about this Low carb Spinach Dip recipe is how easy it is to make. With only 9 common ingredients, this recipe has become a staple in our house. My husband and sons love it so much it has taken over onion dip as the #1 house favorite. 😃
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE LOW CARB SPINACH DIP
- Spinach – I used frozen spinach that was thawed, drained and squeezed to get rid of all the water.
- Mayonnaise – this brand is a family favorite
- Sour Cream – full fat sour cream or reduced fat work equally well
- Roasted Red Pepper – from the jar. Just mince the pieces.
- Water Chestnuts – from a can, already sliced. You’ll just need to mince into tiny pieces. *Omit if you’re following a strict Keto diet
- Garlic – I’m always looking for ways to make cooking easier!
- Onion Powder
- Fresh Chives
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB SPINACH DIP
This Low Carb Spinach Dip is so simple to make you will want to make it all the time! It only takes minutes to throw together and it’s so tasty no one will complain!
- Thaw and drain the chopped spinach until almost dry. See instructions below.
TIP – If you prefer to use fresh spinach, it needs to be cooked before adding in. * Heat a greased skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted. Stir or toss with tongs while its cooking so spinach wilts evenly.
- Mix together all of the ingredients. In a large bowl, add all of the spinach dip ingredients. Mix together until the seasoning are incorporated and veggies are coated.
- Cover bowl and chill. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
HOW TO DRY SPINACH FOR SPINACH DIP
- Thaw the frozen spinach in the fridge. Set a paper towel lined strainer over a bowl. Open the package of spinach over the strainer. Dump the spinach out and let the liquid drain out the bottom. Press down on the spinach to get out as much liquid as you can.
- Lay a clean kitchen towel on the counter and dump the spinach on top. Roll up the towel and using both hands, wring out the spinach over the sink to get the rest of the liquid out.
CAN SPINACH DIP BE MADE AHEAD?
Sure can! This is a great recipe to prep a day or two ahead of time. It makes it a perfect dip for parties, game day or any get-together because the work has been done ahead of time. This is one dip that tastes even better made ahead!
HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN LOW CARB SPINACH DIP?
There are just 2.3 grams of net carbs per 1/4 cup serving of this keto low carb spinach dip. It’s so creamy and delicious it’s hard to believe it’s even low carb! I added a small amount of diced water chestnuts to my recipe
HOW TO FREEZE LOW CARB SPINACH DIP?
Your can easily store any refrigerated leftovers or made ahead low carb spinach dip in the freezer. Just transfer to a freezer-safe container with a tight lid and freeze for up to 2 months. To Serve: Let the spinach dip thaw completely in the refrigerator and stir before serving.
*Note – if the leftover dip has been sitting out at room temperature for over 4 hours, do not store or freeze. Leftover dip at room temperature for 4 hours should be discarded.
TROUBLESHOOTING MAKING LOW CARB SPINACH DIP
- If the dip is too thick, add a tablespoon at a time of cream or half and half to thin it out. Stir and adjust seasonings to taste.
- If dip is too thin, add more vegetables to the dip to thicken, or additional sour cream. After adding sour cream, adjust the seasonings to your taste.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LOW CARB DIPS
- Low Carb Crackers or Cactus Crisps
- Pork Rinds
- Raw or Roasted Veggies. Grape tomatoes, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower and cucumber slices are all good low carb choices.
Easy Low Carb Spinach Dip
- Drain and squeeze water out of spinach until almost dry.
- Add spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, water chestnuts, roasted red peppers, chives, onion powder, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients until seasonings are well combined and vegetables are coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold.
EQUIPMENT & INGREDIENTS
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!