LOW CARB MASHED CAULIFLOWER
Easy and creamy delicious, this 5 ingredient low carb cauliflower mashed potato recipe is a great veggie side dish or real mashed potato alternative.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower (or 2 small heads) florets only
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or coconut cream for dairy-free
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee for dairy-free
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley snipped
Cook cauliflower on the stove or in the microwave. 1. For the stove - bring a pot of water with 1TBSP of salt to a boil. Add the florets and cook 5 - 6 minutes or until very soft. Drain well.
2. For the microwave - place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir and continue to microwave another 5 minutes until very soft. Drain well.
Add cauliflower, cream, butter, onion powder, and paprika to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add seasoning salt and black pepper to taste. Pulse to combine.
Transfer cauliflower to a serving bowl. Form a well in the center and top with additional butter if desired. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.9g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 9.7g | Cholesterol: 27.1mg | Sodium: 434.9mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3.2g | Vitamin A: 99.1IU | Vitamin C: 68.5mg | Calcium: 45.6mg | Iron: 0.7mg