Low Carb Slow Cooker Spicy Sloppy Joes
Made from scratch for a spicy, healthy dinner the whole family will love! Use beef or pork and you'll see how delicious Sloppy Joes can be.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef, chicken or pork
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar free ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar free barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sukrin Gold or LC brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard or 1 TBSP yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pepperocini brine from jar
- 2 whole pepperocini
Gather ingredients. Slice celery and dice onion.
Place ground beef (or chicken or pork) in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown meat, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
When meat is nearly done, add celery and onion to the pan. Continue cooking until celery and onion are tender, about 2 minutes. Scrape mixture into slow cooker.
Add all other ingredients to the slow cooker; stir to combine.
Set slow cooker to Low for 4 - 6 hours or to High for 2 - 3 hours.
Serve hot over low carb rolls or bread with cheese or roll up as lettuce wraps with sour cream.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.8g | Protein: 14.9g | Fat: 2.6g | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 3g