Tender and juicy Keto Marinated Steak Bites, with only 1.6 net grams of carbs, are crispy edged bites loaded with flavor. Simple to make, these bites are always a favorite!
Keto Marinated Steak Bites are not only a meat lovers dream come true, they are really a right of passage for Keto dieters. Eating a steak is a beautiful thing, but marinated steak bites – totally next level good!
Talking about good – the butter and mustard dipping sauce is out of this world. If you are feeling adventurous, add a tablespoon or two of horseradish (the refrigerated kind). Blue cheese or ranch dressing is amazing with these bites too!
Feeling a little low on protein or iron? These flavorful bites will definitely satisfy those cravings.
MAKING KETO MARINATED STEAK BITES
If this is your first time making steak bites, you might be surprised at how quick and easy they are to make.
- You just cut the steak into small bites with a very sharp knife.. It’s easier to do if the steak if really cold, even slightly frozen. Then transfer the steak to a shallow dish or plastic bag.
- Mix up the marinade ingredients and pour it over the steak. The marinade smells delicious so waiting that 30 minutes to begin cooking the steak can be a challenge.
- While you’re waiting, stir up the sauce. By the time you serve the steak, the butter should have started to solidify, which is how we like to eat it. Taste the dipping sauce and adjust the mustard, salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Heat up a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little butter if you like. I always like! Dump the marinated steak bites into the skillet and hear those bites start to sizzle.
- Wait a few minutes then flip over the bites. Let them get a little crispy around the edges. Then stir them around so that all of the sides get browned. Keep cooking until the steak is cooked the way you like it.
THE BEST STEAK MARINADE
Marinades will add so much flavor to your juicy steak. I find that they infuse the steak with even more flavor and help to tenderize, making the most incredible steak bites ever!
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Vegetable Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Minced Onion
- smoked paprika
- Dried Ground Mustard
- Black Pepper
THE BEST STEAK FOR STEAK BITES
For our steak bites we used flat-iron steak (also known as butler’s steak or oyster blade steak). You could also use these steaks:
- Rib Eye
- Rump steak
- New York strip
TOOLS TO MAKE KETO MARINATED STEAK BITES
- Click on the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Large skillet – for sauteing the steak. I love this brand!
- Chef’s Knife – great size to easily slice food. Easily my favorite knife in the drawer.
- Measuring cup – convenient 1 cup measure for liquids.
- Mini Whisk – perfect for whipping up sauces and gravy.
KETO MARINATED STEAK BITES
- 1 pound flat iron steak, cut into bite size pieces
For The Marinade
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For The Dipping Sauce
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh sliced chives
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cut the steak into small bites with a very sharp knife. It's easier to do if the steak if really cold, even slightly frozen. Transfer the steak to a shallow dish or plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients and pour evenly over the steak. Let the steak marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the steak marinates, make the dipping sauce. Add the melted butter, mustard, chives, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Stir until combined. Taste and adjust the mustard, salt and pepper to your liking. *By the time you serve the steak, the butter should have started to solidify, which is how we like to eat it..
- Heat a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the marinated steak pieces into the skillet in an even layer. Let them sizzle for 2 – 3 minutes then flip over using a spatula. Cook until crispy around the edges. Stir the pieces around so that all of the sides get browned. Keep cooking until the steak is cooked thru to your taste.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!
Did you mean 2 tsp of Dijon in the dipping sauce? 2 tbsp seemed way too much and your picture of your butter sauce doesn’t look like my sauce. Thanks!
Hi Lisa, the recipe is correct, 2 TBSP of Dijon. It’s a stout mustard and butter sauce that is very tasty with the steak. Sometimes I add a TBSP of Low Carb Honey to add sweetness, but the recipe as written is correct. If you don’t want the heavy mustard flavor, start with 2 tsp of Dijon and build the flavor until it suits you. Thanks for the question.
The marinated steak tips were so delicious as they were that I didn’t even try the dipping sauce! Yum
Hi Sue! Thank you very much! These irresistible and super easy to make steak bites are one of our favorite keto dishes!
This was a very flavorful marinade and dipping sauce! Thank you for making dinner a hit! I wasn’t sure how to prepare flank steak and this recipe was perfect!