Make ahead egg muffins filled with healthy veggies are great for a grab and go breakfast or snack. Less than 1 gram net carbs per muffin.
EASY KETO VEGETABLE EGG MUFFINS
These make ahead low carb breakfast egg muffins are an easy win for anyone following a keto diet plan. These muffins are loaded with low carb veggies that are just right for starting the day without adding to your carb count. Each of these muffins have less than 1 gram of net carbs, so have two and don’t feel guilty! For a meatier muffins, try our Low Carb Egg Ham Muffins too!
One of my favorite things about making these muffins is the frozen veggies. I like to keep bags of frozen veggies stashed in the freezer and only thaw out what I need for each recipe. It saves a ton of time and money and low carb veggies are always on hand.
EASY RECIPE ADD-INS:
This recipe is totally adaptive and can easily be changed to suit your own tastes. For extra texture, sprinkle on some shredded cheddar or parmesan. Add some zip with sliced scallions or chives. Want some heat? Throw a pinch of cayenne into the eggs.
The veggies can be changed up too. Broccoli, cauliflower and spinach are low carb veggie staples to be sure, but bell pepper, zucchini, asparagus and celery are all good substitutes.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
*Pro Tip – line the muffin cups with foil or silicone baking cups. Paper liners will start to dissolve because of the wet eggs, and will rip and tear when trying to remove them after baking. I use these silicone baking cups that have tabs to make them easy to remove from the muffin tin.
DO I NEED A MUFFIN TIN TO MAKE EASY KETO VEGETABLE EGG MUFFINS?
Not necessarily. Though the recipe was tested using a standard size muffin tin, you could bake the mixture in a mini muffin tin too. Or bake it like a casserole in a round or square cake pan. It’s all good. The baking time will be shorter for the mini tin and a little longer for the cake pan.
Easy Keto Vegetable Egg Muffins
- 3/4 cup frozen broccoli, chopped, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen cauliflower, chopped, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach, chopped, thawed
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously spray a 12-well muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide broccoli, cauliflower and spinach equally between muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with seasoned salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture equally among muffin cups. Use a fork to gently stir each cup, mixing the egg with the vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until starting to brown slightly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the muffins from the tin. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!