Richly Southern, KETO Kentucky Pecan Cheesecake Pie is loaded with delicious pecans and a layer of fluffy cheesecake. An amazing, make ahead sugar-free dessert!
This KETO Kentucky Pecan Cheesecake Pie is everything you could want in a dessert! Cheesecake, nuts, whipped cream, booze… could you ask for more! It combines two classic favorites – cheesecake and pecan pie – into one gloriously decadent dessert…guilt-free!
After starting a gluten-free and low carb diet, I started looking at all of my favorite dessert recipes to see how I could literally “have my cake and eat it too!”. I learned that most recipes can be tweaked to reduce the carbs and replace the gluten so we don’t have to give up all of our favorite treats. That’s a win in my book!
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB KENTUCKY PECAN CHEESECAKE PIE
I was thumbing thru some old magazines looking for ideas and found a recipe similar to this….but it was definitely not low carb. Many of the ingredients like cream cheese, extract, nuts and of course..Bourbon…are already approved for a low carb diet. The easy part was substituting in a low carb pie crust, erythritol and low carb brown sugar. The tough part was finding a corn syrup substitute that was sugar-free so I made my own.
This pie has a cheesecake layer, a brown sugar layer and whipping cream to be prepared. The recipe might look complicated, but each layer comes together easily. I found making the crust the most daunting part, but once that is cooling, everything is easy. Follow the instructions below and scroll down for the full recipe.
- Make the pie crust using the linked recipe.
- Beat the cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add sweetener, and beat until filling is smooth, about 2 minutes. Spoon filling into piecrust.
- Whisk eggs until bright yellow. Add low carb brown sugar, low carb corn syrup, bourbon, and vanilla. Whisk together until thickened and smooth.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over Cream Cheese Filling in piecrust. Spoon Brown Sugar Filling over chopped pecans. Arrange pecan halves over Brown Sugar Filling.
- Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F, and bake until filling is puffed up and set, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Pour the cream into a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with wire whip. Beat on medium-high until cream forms soft peaks. Add erythritol and vanilla and continue beating until cream forms stiff peaks. Decorate and garnish as desired.
Low Carb Flaky Pie Crust[/caption]
Follow the recipe exactly and allow enough time for the crust to chill between mixing the ingredients and rolling out. I like to make the crust the day before to allow enough time to mix, chill, bake and cool the crust. This recipe freezes well, so consider making several in advance. I use foil pie pans and stack the ready made crusts in the freezer to use later.
I like to try to make recipe ingredients myself..if I can. This low carb corn syrup should be made after the pie crust, before mixing the other ingredients. That will allow enough time for it to cool before added to the recipe.
NON-DAIRY WHIPPING CREAM ALTERNATIVES
While there is no good non-dairy alternative to cream cheese for making the cheesecake layer, whipping cream is another story. You could omit it entirely, but it is sooo delicious and like the icing on the cake for pies! These are tasty non-dairy, low carb substitutes for whipping cream.
- Coconut Cream – made with same technique as whipping cream but is completely dairy-free. Usually sold in cans.
- Sugar-Free Non-Dairy Whipped Topping – from the freezer aisle
- Dream Whip Whipped Topping Mix – store shelves
KETO KENTUCKY PECAN CHEESECAKE PIE
SAVE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
KETO KENTUCKY PECAN CHEESECAKE PIE
- 1 recipe low carb single-crust pie pastry
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup erythritol or similar sweetener
BROWN SUGAR FILLING
- Prepare the pie crust and allow it to cool.
Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sweetener, and beat until filling is smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Spoon filling into cooled piecrust.
Prepare the Brown Sugar Filling
- Whisk eggs until bright yellow and well combined.
- Add low carb brown sugar, low carb corn syrup, bourbon, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until thickened and smooth.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over Cream Cheese Filling in piecrust.
- Gently spoon Brown Sugar Filling over chopped pecans. Arrange pecan halves over Brown Sugar Filling.
- Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F, and bake until filling is puffed up and set and crust is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack, and cool completely, 2 to 3 hours.
Prepare Whipped Cream
- Pour the heavy cream into large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with wire whip. Beat on medium-high until cream forms soft peaks. Add erythritol and vanilla and continue beating until cream forms stiff peaks.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag with decorative tip and add whipped cream as desired. Top each dollop with a pecan half.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.