Crunchy and sweet, Low Carb Creamy Coleslaw, with less an 1 gram of carbs per serving, is the perfect easy side for all your barbecue or grilled dishes! Try it stacked on burgers, sandwiches and sloppy joes for more snappy flavor!
Meal planning for a family is tough when you are the only one following a special diet. I think I’ve mentioned before that I live with a houseful of grown men. And my husband and sons don’t eat a low carb or gluten-free diet. Or they think they don’t.
When I make Low Carb Oven Barbecue Ribs and serve it with Low Carb Creamy Coleslaw, they are in hog heaven! Let me tell you a secret…more than half of what they eat is keto friendly. It just tastes so good they can’t tell the difference.
Honestly, when I started following a low-carb and gluten-free diet, I was overwhelmed by the list of foods I couldn’t eat. We all know how tough it can be to take a pass on some of our favorite foods. So I dug out my old recipe box and started looking at what I could easily convert to Keto. This coleslaw recipe is one of those.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN LOW CARB CREAMY COLESLAW
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CREAMY COLESLAW
This coleslaw recipe is the same one that I’ve made for years, with one exception. The sugar has been replaced by erythritol. Easy!
- Dump the bag of coleslaw mix in a medium bowl, break up any large cabbage pieces. Try to choose a coleslaw mix with a small amount of carrots.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, erythritol and celery seed until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss until all of the veggies are coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. This allows the cabbage to soften a little bit.
- Sprinkle chives (optional) over the top before serving. I like to use the chives to add a very subtle onion flavor to the coleslaw.
Low Carb Creamy Coleslaw
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, erythritol, celery seed, salt and pepper to large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour coleslaw mix into bowl over dressing mixture. Use tongs to toss to coat all vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!