Our favorite Low Carb Strawberry Sauce is quick, versatile and deliciously fresh with only 4 ingredients. Use it over pancakes and ice cream or even as a spread.
If you have visions of sitting on the back porch, beating the heat with a big bowl of ice cream you are in luck. Thanks to lots of low carb ice cream options now available on the market this dream can now be a reality. And to go with all that ice creamy deliciousness, we definitely need carb friendly ice cream sauce. That’s where this Low Carb Strawberry Sauce comes in. It’s a guilt-free gorgeous sauce full of fruit flavor and nutrients,,,a perfect food if you ask me.
This sauce recipe is also a super way to use up leftover or about to expire strawberries. The recipe works for blueberries too and is the concept behind the blueberry puree used for Keto Creamy Blueberry Ice Cream.
4 INGREDIENTS FOR LOW CARB STRAWBERRY SAUCE
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
This recipe is super simple to make in two basic steps.
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the strawberries to a food processor and pulse to create strawberry puree. Add vanilla, pulse again and the sauce is ready.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
TIPS FOR THE BEST STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- The strawberries should be ripe. Cut out any visible white (unripened) parts and green stems before using. If using frozen strawberries, thaw them in the fridge first and drain before using.
- This recipe works best when using a low carb sweetener that measures like sugar. I like to use a monkfruit-erythritol blend for this recipe because to me it tastes the most like real sugar.
- Cook the strawberries until they are very soft and tender. That is how you will get a silky smooth sauce once they are processed.
- I don’t strain the finished puree (too lazy), but if you cannot tolerate the tiny strawberry seeds, push the puree thru a very fine mesh strainer to remove them.
- Refrigerate any leftover sauce in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to one week.
ARE STRAWBERRIES GOOD FOR YOU ON A KETO DIET?
Small amounts of strawberries are okay to eat on a Keto diet. If you are on a moderate low carb diet, you can indulge a little more. One tablespoons of strawberry puree has less than >1 gram of net carbs.
Strawberries have high levels of antioxidants too, and are packed with vitamins and fiber. They are low in calories and are cholesterol-free, sodium-free and fat-free. Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she made this fruit!
Low Carb Strawberry Sauce
- Place strawberries in a medium saucepan. Add sweetener, lemon juice and water.
- Cook covered over low heat until simmering. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Transfer strawberries to a blender or food processor and pulse on low until smooth. Leave a few large chunks remaining if you prefer.
- Add vanilla and pulse a few times to combine.
- Use immediately or pour sauce into storage container with tight fitting lid. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
EQUIPMENT WE USED!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!