Amazing Low Carb Lemon Tart is an extremely lemony tart with a shortbread style crust that will have you believing that dinner starts with dessert!
If you have diet restrictions, or are just trying to lose weight thru eating a low carb diet, you may have thought that you kissed dessert goodbye. Not to worry, dessert is back in a delicious way. This Amazing Low Carb Lemon Tart is just as scrumptious as the original, maybe even better due to the coconut flour adding so much flavor to the crust. I love this crust so much I don’t think an all-purpose flour crust would do.
After making this, I set it on the island for the low carb food skeptics in my house to taste. I can honestly tell you that they loved it, so much in fact that when I went to the fridge to get another piece for myself the next day, the entire tart had been eaten!
To make this tart, you will need a double batch of Low Carb Lemon Curd, a Low Carb Tart Crust and berries for the top. *Links to the Lemon Curd and Tart Crust recipes are below.
Tips For Making the best Amazing Low Carb Lemon Tart:
- When picking out your lemons, make sure that they are juicy. Squeeze them and if they have some “give” they should be fine.
- Lemon zest adds so much flavor to this lemon curd. Use a microplane zester for the best results and please…zest the lemon before juicing it! You don’t even want to hear my horror stories!!
- I’m just going to go ahead and say this again…keep stirring the pot the ENTIRE time the curd is cooking…and even after….until the butter is completely melted.
- Placing the plastic wrap on the top of the curd is to keep the erythritol from re-crystallizing. I don’t find this is too much of an issue with powderd erythritol, but sometimes it happens.
- Use unsalted butter for the best delicate flavor.
- It is best to use a combination of both almond and coconut flour, for both flavor and texture. Coconut flour absorbs more moisture than almond flour, so using only coconut flour may require additional eggs be added to the recipe.
- For a sweeter crust, add more erythritol before pulsing the ingredients in the food processor.
- For easier spreading of the dough, use your fingers to gently and evenly press the dough out from the center of the pan. After the entire pan bottom is covered, then start pressing up the sides.
- The berries should be firm, with a little give to them when pinched. No bruising or mushy berries.
To make this recipe, you will need a double batch of Low Carb Easy Lemon Curd.
And an Easy Low Carb Tart Crust
Amazing Low Carb Lemon Tart
- Prepare a double recipe of Low Carb Easy Lemon Curd.
- Prepare and bake an Easy Low Carb Tart Crust. Fill with double recipe quantity of Low carb Lemon Curd. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place blackberries and raspberries on top of the curd. Sift berries with erythritol to sweeten.
- Refrigerate tart, covered, for 1 hour before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
SIMILAR LOW CARB KETO RECIPES
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.