Easy Low Carb Strawberry Sorbet with Lime is a tangy frozen treat with only 3 ingredients! This healthy, icy dessert is so delicious it’s hard to believe it’s good for you and Low Carb too!
Easy Low Carb Strawberry Sorbet with Lime is a great treat to cool down with on a hot day! It is light and sweet and can be made with either fresh or frozen fruit. It’s a perfect choice anytime for healthy eaters and only takes 3 ingredients. Sorbet is extremely easy to make and don’t worry, it can be made with or without an ice cream maker!
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY LOW CARB STRAWBERRY SORBET WITH LIME
Strawberries – either fresh or frozen are fine. If using frozen strawberries, thaw them first and pour off any liquid.
- Powdered erythritol – will dissolve better than the granulated type. You can use a liquid sweetener too. Add it slowly and adjust the amount to your tastes.
- Fresh Lime Juice – brings out the flavor of the strawberries.
- Vodka – reduces the iciness and helps keep the sorbet smooth. Any booze will do. MCT Oil is an alternative to the vodka.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
TIPS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY SORBET
This Sorbet recipe will make you feel good about eating dessert again!
- If you are making this with an ice cream maker it can be ready in about 30 minutes. Watch the ice cream maker and stop when the sorbet is just starting to freeze hard.
- One of the cool things about sorbet is that it can be made entirely by hand, but only if you want a good workout! I used a potato masher to mash up the strawberries into a pulp. It took about 30 minutes by hand to completely pulverize the strawberries into a puree, and boy did I start to feel the burn! Using a food processor will save a lot of time and effort.
- If you want to make this recipe using fruit with lots of tiny seeds, like raspberries or blackberries, you might want to press the mixture thru a sieve before freezing. That will take away the gritty texture of the seeds and leave only the smooth fruit behind.
How To Make the Best Easy Low Carb Strawberry Sorbet with Lime
- For the sweetest flavor, the strawberries need to be very ripe…but not mushy. And if you are going to mash them by hand, save your arm and hands by getting them to room temperature first. Cold strawberries will put up a lot of resistance!
- I used Erythritol to sweeten the sorbet because to me it tastes the most like real sugar. If you like something else, use it. You may need to adjust the amount you use.
- It is best to eat the sorbet within a few days due to erythritol’s tendency to crystallize. This sorbet never lasts long enough in our house to be a problem, but I’m just putting that out there.
The sky is the limit for what fruit can be made into sorbet using this basic recipe. Try delicious flavors using lower carb fruits like:
MORE LOW CARB FROZEN TREATS TO LOVE
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
Mixing Bowls – for mixing up the ingredients. Comes in a set of three handy size bowls.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES TO LOVE
Easy Low Carb Strawberry Sorbet
- 8 cups organic strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3/4 cup powdered eyrthritol, or similar zero calorie sweetener
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, about 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp vodka , or use 1 tbsp MCT oil
- Using a potato masher, mash strawberries in a large bowl until mostly pureed. (There will still be small chunks of berries.)
- Stir in the sweetener and lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Working in batches, pour strawberry mixture into the freezer bowl of a 1-1/2 quart electric ice cream maker and proceed according to manufacturers’ instructions. This may take several batches.
- Transfer sorbet to a freezer-safe container and press a sheet of parchment paper directly on the surface. Cover with an airtight lid and place in freezer. Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
SIMILAR LOW CARB KETO RECIPES
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
NEED LOW CARB PANTRY ESSENTIALS?
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO BUY YOUR LOW CARB BASICS. VISIT MY AMAZON SHOP FOR MORE MUST-HAVES!
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!