The BEST Keto Sesame Chicken Stir Fry you’ll ever make. Chunks of chicken, healthy broccoli and cauliflower coated in a savory sesame sauce.
Get a quick meal on the table and keep true to your low carb lifestyle with a tasty Keto Sesame Chicken Stir Fry. Anyone following a Keto diet knows how hard it is to find diet-friendly dishes at a Chinese take-out, with so many containing corn syrup, cornstarch and rice flour. This easy recipe can satisfy your cravings for Chinese and give you the tools to make something really tasty at home.
Use any lower carb vegetables you want here. Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini and green beans – they’ll all work fine. This is a nice recipe to use up leftovers too. Tip – try to use veggies that are all cut the same size and will cook in about the same time.
Ingredients to Make Keto Sesame Chicken Stir fry
- Chicken – boneless skinless chicken breasts are used here, but chicken thighs are a tasty sub.
- Broccoli – bags of frozen florets in the freezer means you always have the makings for a stir fry. Thaw before using.
- Cauliflower – fresh or frozen, both are equally fine.
- Garlic – pre-minced garlic is a super time-saver for meal prep.
- Chicken Broth
- Low Carb Brown Sugar – adds sweetness. Use your favorite sweetener if you don’t have this on hand.
- Tamari – a low carb alternative to soy sauce and liquid aminos.
- Xantham Gum – this is an essential for quickly thickening the sauce.
- Sesame Oil – adds amazing flavor and is essential for this recipe!
Why Tamari Instead of Soy Sauce for Stir Fry?
If your following a low carb diet, Tamari and regular soy sauce in recipes are generally interchangeable for adding flavor. However, Tamari contains no wheat (gluten-free), has a thicker consistency and it tastes less salty than soy sauce.
The chicken should be cut into bite-size pieces for quick cooking. This recipe is adaptive – so go ahead and swap out the chicken for beef, pork or shrimp if you like. Going meatless? Mushrooms are great meat substitute for stir-fry.
You May Also Like
- Keto Breaded Oven Barbecue Chicken
- Low Carb Creamy Mustard Sauce Chicken
- Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Keto Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp scallions, thin sliced
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless cut into bite-size cubes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tamari, or amino acids
- 2 tbsp low carb brown sugar
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, optional
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 TBSP oil. Add broccoli, cauliflower and scallions to the pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- To the pan, add remaining oil and heat until shimmering. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned on all sides. Cook 4 – 5 minutes until chicken reaches internal temperature of at least 165°F on instant read thermometer. Add garlic and cook 1 minutes until fragrant.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, tamari, low carb brown sugar, xamtham gum and sesame oil. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Stir continuously until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!