Quick and tasty weeknight meal with ground beef, cheese and broccoli that the whole family will love – only you’ll know it’s low carb at 3.9 net carbs per serving!
CHEESY BEEF BROCCOLI PIE
This low carb savory beef pie is creamy and tender, and just right for a quick weeknight or weekend meal. It’s made from keto staples that you probably have some of them in your pantry already!
One thing that’s outstanding about this Cheesy Beef Broccoli Pie recipe is that it’s super adaptive. The ingredients are so basic – they can be changed out to your liking and what you have on hand:
- Cheese – swap out the cheddar for your favorite melting cheese – Swiss and Mozzarella are two favorites.
- Broccoli – on broccoli overload already?? – how about subbing in cauliflower…or some spinach? Add in some mushrooms if you have them.
- Beef – okay, beef is pretty integral to this recipe but…pork or turkey sausage could really add zing to this dish.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
IS BROCCOLI GOOD FOR A LOW CARB DIET?
Yes, and while a lot of vegetables are low in carbs, broccoli is one of the best vegetables you can eat regardless of whether you are following a low carb diet or not. One cup of raw broccoli has only 6 carbs, and 2 of those carbs are fiber. Once serving of broccoli provides 100% of the daily Vitamin C and Vitamin K you need. Fresh or frozen, broccoli is definitely low carb friendly.
Fresh and frozen broccoli are both players as far as good food goes, and frozen broccoli cuts work well here. It doesn’t need to be precooked and is easy on the budget. Thaw the broccoli in the refrigerator beforehand or throw the frozen bag in the microwave for a few minutes before adding to the mix.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS BEEF BROCCOLI PIE
This recipe is great to prep ahead and freeze for a quick supper later. Use foil pie pans for stacking these in the freezer – they’re super convenient and make cleanup a breeze!
- Prep the pie through Step 4 of the recipe instructions. Allow to cool completely. Cover the unbaked pie with foil, then wrap tightly in plastic or place entire pie in a large plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To Serve – thaw the pie in the refrigerator before baking. Bake at 375°F for 40 – 45 minutes until cheese is melted and golden, and pie is heated thru.
Cheesy Beef Broccoli Pie
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onions over medium-high heat until no pink remains and onions are tender. Drain as needed. Stir in broccoli. Transfer to a 9-inch deep dish pie pan. Let cool until no longer steaming.
- In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, thyme and cayenne until well combined and smooth. Spread evenly over beef mixture.
- In an even layer, sprinkle cream cheese mixture with cheddar cheese. All the cream cheese should be covered.
- Bake on center rack of preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!