Thick and full of flavor, this Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup is easy to make with only 4.6 grams net carbs per serving, and ready in 30 minutes!
One of the best meals to cook when you are crunched for time is soup. It can be quick and easy like this Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup, or Keto Broccoli Soup . If you are looking for a really hearty soup, try our reader favorite Easy Ham Mushroom Soup.
Honestly, I haven’t had much time to cook lately. We’ve been working on a huge landscaping project at the house.
As a way to help with the allergies, we’ve been replacing all of our flowerbed mulch with river rock. It’s been so wet here that the mulch is white with mold. That’s not cool. Just the thought of my eye swelling shut again has made me afraid to go outside. So, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it makes a difference!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SOUP?
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Spices: Garlic – Thyme – Cayenne- Salt – Pepper
HOW TO MAKE KETO ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
Making this soup is super simple. If you love cauliflower, roast some extra so you’ll have some on hand for meals during the week. It’s already seasoned so eat it plain or toss on some cheese and stick in the microwave for a minute and viola, you have a great side dish for cooked meat!
- First, roast the cauliflower. Spread the florets out on a large rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper and roast for 10 – 15 minutes until starting to get tender.
- Then, in a dutch oven or large pot, saute the garlic and thyme in butter. Add in the broth and cream and bring to a simmer. Next, add the cream cheese and cayenne and stir to melt.
- Last, you will add the cauliflower to the pot and cook for 10 minutes. Then let the immersion blender do it’s job and you are ready to eat!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CAULIFLOWER SOUP
CAULIFLOWER ON A LOW CARB DIET
Cauliflower is a staple of low carb and keto dieters. With a wealth of nutritional benefits and only 2.9 net grams of carbs per cup, cauliflower is an excellent vegetable choice for low carb dishes. It can be used for all your low carb recipes to replace potatoes, rice and pastas.
If you like cauliflower like I do, check out all of our low carb and Keto Cauliflower Recipes!
How To Freeze Roasted Cauliflower Soup
While there’s nothing as comforting as the thought of creamy soup waiting in the freezer, soups with cream just don’t freeze very well. The cream may become grainy and only a lot of beating may, and I emphasize may, bring them around.
There’s a simple solution: Make the soup according to the recipe, but hold back the cream. Then add the cream to the soup when you are re-heating it from the freezer.
To Freeze: Make the soup (without the cream) and allow the soup to cool completely. Transfer into freezer-safe containers, leaving at least an inch of empty space at the top to allow for natural expansion while freezing. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, and add the cream before re-heating.
- Immersion Blender – for easily blending your soup to desired consistency right in the pot! Comes with fun attachments to whisk, blend and chop too!
- Rimmed Baking Sheet – for roasting cauliflower. Large enough for double batches!
- Dutch Oven – any large pot will work, but this ceramic coated pot is perfect for making this soup all in one pot.
- Chef’s Knife – feel like a pro trimming cauliflower into florets.
Keto Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- On rimmed baking sheet, spread cauliflower in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast on center rack of oven until tender at edges, about 10 – 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Add butter to a 6 quart dutch oven or similar size pot. When melted, add garlic and thyme; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and cream, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add cream cheese and cayenne, stirring until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add cauliflower and bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use immersion blender (or transfer to upright blender in batches) until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve warm garnished with thyme leaves and shredded cheddar cheese.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!