This easy to make low carb broccoli bacon salad packs in flavor and crunch with every bite. Perfect for barbecue, potlucks or any night of the week! Each serving has only 4.1g net carbs.
With warm weather just around the corner, I wanted to share a bright and fresh salad with you. Whether you are planning celebrations, firing up the barbecue or are craving a new dish for your weeknight meals, this Low Carb Broccoli Bacon Salad starts things off right!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
LOW CARB BROCCOLI BACON SALAD CREAMY DRESSING
One of the best parts of this delicious salad is the dressing. It turns out very creamy, and a little bit sweet and tangy. And it’s simple to make with easy ingredients you probably already have.
- Cider Vinegar
- Powdered Erythritol
- Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
BROCCOLI BACON SALAD
There are a lot of variations for making Broccoli Salad. This recipe uses only 4 basic ingredients – that’s it! And the dressing of course!
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Almonds
I used cheddar cheese not only because it tastes great, but for the bright orange to contrast with the broccoli. If you are keeping dairy-free, you could add diced orange peppers in place of the cheese.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB BROCCOLI BACON SALAD
Making this salad could not be any easier.
- Fry the bacon, drain and crumble. Make it even easier by using pre-cooked bacon.
- Chop the broccoli into florets.
- Cut the cheese block into cubes.
- Toast the almonds or buy already toasted nuts.
- Throw the salad ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Serve right away or refrigerate a few hours to let the flavors blend.
If you love onions but don’t want to add them to the salad, try sprinkling chopped chives on top.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BROCCOLI BACON SALAD
Low Carb Broccoli Bacon Salad is a great side dish to serve anytime. It’s bright and colorful, stores well and the ingredients are available all year round. This salad is great at any holiday table, picnics, potlucks or everyday meals.
This salad goes especially well with –
For more ideas, check out our Dinner Recipes section.
IS BROCCOLI GOOD FOR KETO?
Yes, Broccoli is a super popular veggie on the Keto diet. It’s great for salads, and hot dishes, like Smoked Sausage Broccoli Casserole. Broccoli has only 4 grams net carbs in each 1 cup serving and packs a wallop of essential Vitamin C and K.
There’s a rule of thumb that if a vegetable has less than 5 grams net carbs per serving, it can be eaten pretty freely. Just keep in mind that the 20 grams of carbs allowed each day for the Keto diet will add up quickly.
HOW TO STORE BROCCOLI BACON SALAD
One of the great things about Low Carb Broccoli Bacon Salad is how well it stores. It tastes even better the next day!
Just store the salad covered in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 5 to 7 days, depending on the freshness of your ingredients.
DOES BROCCOLI EXPIRE?
- Yes, broccoli will expire. While most fresh vegetables don’t have a sell by date, there are some things you can look for to tell if your broccoli is fresh or not.
- Fresh broccoli will last 7 – 14 days in the refrigerator. The first sign that your broccoli is going bad is that the usual smell of broccoli will intensify. At about the same time, the color of the florets will start to change from bright green to pale yellow.
- Broccoli that has turned yellow is still safe to eat, but it has lost much of it’s taste and nutritional value. If it has turned brown, it has almost no nutritional value and will taste terrible, so throw it out.
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS BROCCOLI BACON SALAD:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe –
- Colander – practical and will look gorgeous on your counter too!
- Chef’s Knife – I added this one to my collection. Nicely balanced and stays sharp!
- Cast Iron Skillet – convenient size fits a lot of food.
- Measuring Cup – available in different sizes!
- Long Handled Measuring Spoons – no more digging into spice jars. The log handles make it easy.
LOW CARB BROCCOLI BACON SALAD
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, bacon, cheese cubes and almonds.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, erythritol, sesame oil and black pepper until smooth.
- Pour dressing over ingredients in large bowl and toss to coat.
- You can serve right away, but chill for several hours for the best flavor.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!