Tasty keto dip with cheddar, cream cheese and low carb beer that pairs great with any snack! Only 1.2 carbs per serving!
Low Carb Pub Beer cheese is one of our favorites to serve for parties and game day. Beer Cheese is super popular in the Midwest, especially Kentucky, where it was invented in the 1940’s by restaurant owner John Allman.
It only takes about 5 minutes to make in the food processor and can be served right away! This light and fluffy dip is totally delicious and at only 1.2 carbs per serving, you can indulge!
Serve this cheese warm or cold with BBQ Pork Rinds, Keto crackers or veggies. It’s also delicious as a filling for jalapeno poppers and stuffed cherry tomatoes! If you love making dips, try our Easy Creamy Keto Dill Dip and Low Carb Sun-Dried Tomato Dip too!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE PUB BEER CHEESE
- Cheddar Cheese – sharp and white cheddar cheese are great for making this dip!
- Cream Cheese
- Minced Garlic – save time by using quality pre-minced garlic.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Ground Mustard
- Cayenne – the recipe calls for a pinch, but use more if you can stand the heat!
- Low Carb Beer – now available at most grocery stores.
BEER TO USE FOR LOW CARB PUB BEER CHEESE
In the past, beer has been on the list of foods to avoid when following a low carb or keto lifestyle. But with the increasing popularity of Keto and Low Carbohydrate diets, good tasting low carb beers have now hit the market. Look for lighter beers that clearly have the carb count stated on the packaging.
For this recipe, I used a beer that wasn’t labeled “Light”, but the packaging stated it contained 2.2 grams of carbs for the 12 ounce bottle.
CAN I MAKE LOW CARB PUB BEER CHEESE AHEAD?
Sure can! It actually tastes better as the flavors blend in the refrigerator. Store the pub cheese tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days before serving.
LOW CARB PUB BEER CHEESE
- 8 ounce cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 ounce cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 3/4 cup low carb beer
- pinch table salt
- pinch cayenne
- Add the cheeses and seasonings to the bowl of a food processor, pulse until well combined.
- Slowly add the beer and continue pulsing until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for one hour to chill and firm.
- To serve warm: place dip into a medium saucepan and stir continuously over low heat until warm OR place dip in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on High at 1 minute intervals, stirring after each interval. Repeat until dip is heated thru.
EQUIPMENT WE USED!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!