Easy mini salsa spinach frittatas with fresh spinach, chunky salsa and cheese that are the perfect savory appetizer, breakfast or quick lunch! Less than 1 net gram of carbs each!
The party is ON folks! These little divas are awesome if you’re looking for an easy breakfast or brunch recipe that is totally KETO friendly. They’re so cute and delicious, your cooking fans will surely scarf them down in no time! Literally, in minutes you can be savoring the amazing flavor of these Mini Salsa Spinach Frittatas . They are seriously worth the minimal effort it takes to make them!
HOW TO MAKE MINI SALSA SPINACH FRITTATAS
If you’ve made those cute little breakfast egg cups, like Low Carb Ham Egg Muffins, then you will have no problem whipping up these Mini Salsa Spinach Frittatas. They’re super easy to make in just a few simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease your muffin tin.
- Mix the ingredients in a large bowl, then divide mixture between the muffin wells. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve with more cheese, salsa and green onion slices if desired.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MINI SALSA SPINACH FRITTATAS
- Eggs – whole large eggs were used for this recipe.
- Spinach – fresh baby spinach leaves bring freshness and lots of texture to these frittatas.
- Salsa – chunky salsa is essential! If your salsa contains a lot of liquid, drain off most of the liquid. Your salsa should still be wet.
- Queso Fresco Cheese – my personal favorite, but cheddar or Mexican blend are great choices for substitutes.
- Milk – I used 2% milk, but heavy cream or half and half can be used.
💡Great Idea – For more flavor, you can substitute the drained salsa liquid for the milk.
MORE LOW CARB APPETIZER IDEAS
Mini Salsa Spinach Frittatas
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 ounce baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously spray a 12-well muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or use silicone muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, salsa and 1/4 cup cheese. Pour egg mixture equally among muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining cheese equally over egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until starting to brown slightly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the muffins from the tin. Serve immediately with additional salsa. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
EQUIPMENT WE USED!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Holistic Yum. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.