This Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe is simple to make with only 7 common ingredients! It’s thick, creamy and totally delicious.
KETO CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
This Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe may not sound like a great meal, but let me tell you, this soup is absolutely delicious. For mushroom lovers, it’s total comfort food! Enjoy it before your meal or make it into the meal itself. It is that hearty and delicious. I used Cremini mushrooms for this soup, but use what you like. It’s all good!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE KETO CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- Mushrooms – this recipe calls for Cremini mushrooms, but you can swap in your favorite variety.
- Unsalted Butter
- Heavy Cream
- Minced Garlic – stash some organic minced garlic n the fridge for anytime a recipe calls for garlic.
- Vegetable Broth – great tasting organic broth and larger size for making large batches of sauces and soups.
- Fresh Thyme Leaves – dried thyme will work too, reduce to a 1/4 teaspoon.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
This soup is very simple to make. It’s made in 3 steps in a large, heavy pot:
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until tender. Add in the garlic and cook just a little longer.
- Stir in the cream, broth and thyme. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stick an immersion blender into the pot and blend until the soup is smooth. Enjoy!
ARE MUSHROOMS GOOD FOR A LOW CARB DIETS?
Absolutely. One cup of sliced white mushrooms only has 2.3 grams of carbohydrates. They are also high in fiber, so the net amount of carbs in that cup of mushrooms is only 1.5 grams. With almost no fat and only 15 calories per cup, mushrooms are low carb, low fat and low calorie. The’re a smart food choice for anyone on a low carb or low calorie diet.
If you’re like many people, you’re fighting inflammation from any number of causes. Mushroom are an anti-inflammatory food you should absolutely add to your diet. They’re full of antioxidants, Selenium for your liver and Vitamin D, which a lot of adults are deficient in. Eat cooked as well as raw mushrooms to get the most benefit from them.
OTHER LOW CARB SOUPS YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY:
HOW TO FREEZE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
While there is nothing as comforting as the thought of a stash of creamy soup in the freezer, soups with cream in them just don’t freeze well. The cream will take on a grainy texture and only an intense amount of beating may, and I emphasize may, bring them around.
There is an easy solution: Make the soup per the instructions, but hold back the cream. Add the cream to the soup when you are re-heating it from the freezer.
To Freeze: Make the soup (without the cream) and allow to cool completely. Transfer into freezer-safe containers, leaving at least an inch of empty space at the top to allow for expansion. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, and add the cream before re-heating.
Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 24 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add in mushrooms and onions. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook additional minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add cream, broth and thyme to mushroom mixture. Stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use an immersion blender* to blend soup until smooth and creamy. Serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
NEED LOW CARB PANTRY ESSENTIALS?
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO BUY YOUR LOW CARB BASICS. VISIT MY AMAZON SHOP FOR MORE MUST-HAVES!
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!